Ilse Vordemberge-Leda, 1906-1981
Arta Valstar-Verhoff, Vordemberge-Gildewart Foundation/CH
The Vordemberge-Gildewart Foundation started its work in 1981 through the last will of Ilse Engelina Vordemberge, née Leda, 1906-1981, widow of the artist Friedrich Vordemberge-Gildewart, called VG. The foundation is based in Switzerland, 8640 Rapperswil, the last residence of Ilse Vordemberge-Leda.
- Née as Ilse Engelina Leda
- In the 1920s young dancer as part of the company of Yvonne Georgi in Hanover
- Married VG in 1932
- She accompanied him, when they were forced to emigrate to Amsterdam and came with him back to Germany in 1954
- In the years after VG‘s death in 1962 she lived in Rapperswil/Switzerland, where she set up the principles for the VORDEMBERGE-GILDEWART FOUNDATION in 1977
- Since 1981 the Foundation carries out its work to preserve the Œuvre of Friedrich Vordemberge-Gildewart and to give out the VG Award as a prize for young artists out of Europe once a year
All members of the Foundation and a lot of young artists from all over Europe remember the foundress warmly as a wise and far-sighted woman.